Saturday, March 1, 2014

Never a Normal Week

Our week started off pretty normal.  Elizabeth had a dentists appointment Monday but I spent the first part of the week finishing my Kitchen cabinets.  It has been an enjoyable project but taken way longer than I expected with all the ups and downs life has thrown at us lately.  I took the upper doors down, sanded and painted them.  Then rehung them with new hardware.  Whew! That project is finished.  Thank you sister and her hubby for my birthday present of a contribution toward the hardware!

Wednesday, Tim took the day off so we could go to a meeting put on by Amerigroup insurance to listen to them tell about how great they are and that every one currently on Medicaid will be automatically moved over to them on March 3rd.  We were told it was going to happen to everyone who is on Medicaid, to be moved over onto Amerigroup.  We were told this by our DFCS case workers.  So we went to see what kind of insurance coverage we would be having from now on.  What they are not telling people freely...is that they can opt out before 90 days is up.  If they don't opt out by the 90 days they are stuck on Amerigroup and can not go back to Medicaid.  I will not give my opinions about the whole thing!  It would make this a very long post. 

Before we left for our meeting on Wednesday, we got an email from DFCS asking us to take one year old and two year old brothers.  They were both in the hospital.  There were a few things about the case that made us say no or that we would at least need more information.  On the way to our Amerigroup meeting we got a call from the boys caseworker giving us more information and asking us again to take them.  Needless to say we drove straight from our meeting, to a store to buy car seats and clothing for them and headed out to their town to pick them up.  I know I usually write a post on Wednesday... but I have been non-stop busy since they arrived.  They are both understandably very clingy and I am spending a lot of time just rocking and holding.  It is much harder with two that need my full time attention and arms.

I would love to say that I have enjoyed every moment of these two precious ones being here but I will never get used to having children cry for their moms for hours on end and me not being able to fully comfort them.  Or realizing that they are calling for me as mom after just a few days when they cry for mom.  Sigh.  Other than that we have enjoyed them immensely even though we have been beyond busy, are trying to find our footing and get a new flowing routine down.  God is helping us every moment and it is coming together nicely, they are beyond precious.  We are working on a lot of behaviors and have a bit of minor medical things to attend to daily on both of them but over all it has been very nice to have them here.

Isaiah 41:10  Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Blessings, 

susan




6 comments:

  1. Ugh... the crying for their mommy part would have torn my heart apart! God bless you Susan! May the wisdom of God rise up in yours and Tims heart, may peace overwhelm you during this time, and may Gods love thru you make an impression on their little lives. Bless you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the crying for their moms is always hard and happens with many foster children when they come into care. There really is nothing that can be done but hug,hug hug and lots of rocking and sometimes even crying with them when they are older as they are more verbal about their feelings. .

      Delete
  2. praying for you and these 2 new little ones...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, thank you so very much Nichole for your prayers for us. We need them a lot right now. For this case and these children's mom. For these two little ones health and settling in. And for me. I have not had a toddler in the home in a long time let alone to very needy, busy little boys. I feel spread very thin but God is carrying me every moment. I can feel it. Blessings.

      Delete
  3. Hugs for the struggles with the little ones! But as Joe would say, "On the bright side, your cabinets look amazing!" I hope this week is better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs Julie and for making me smile so much with what Joe would say!!! Things are already smoothing out. I can feel God helping us. There really is a difference between me doing this in my twenties...then thirties and now in my forties!

      Delete