Saturday, May 2, 2015

Carolyn had a Birthday!!

I am so far behind on things around here right now, especially in blogging!   :) 

But yes...Carolyn turned 15 years old last week!!! 
Carolyn with my dog Pickles, in front of the snowball bush.
She is such a sweet and genuine young lady.  So dear to my heart. 
Carolyn with her dog Princess.
A perfect daughter in so many ways.  We spend so much time together.  I don't know what I would do without her.  She helps me so much around here.  She loves to do all things domestic.  She would rather be helping me with things I am doing, than off playing on her own.  She is very nurturing and mothers all animals and children around her.  We found a poor dead mama possum up on the back hill.  It looked like it died from an infected leg injury.  It had live young babies clinging to its body.  Carolyn felt so badly for them and actually thought they looked cute!  It was on a cold and rainy day.  She helped me get them all warm and dry till we could get them to a wild life rehab lady.

Carolyn is a simple, uncomplicated, young lady, in many ways, very practical but can be quite emotional at times.  Here is a video that Elizabeth took recently.
 

We don't go out to eat very often but take each child out to eat where they want on their birthday.  She did not want to go out to eat for her birthday but wanted to eat home and watch a movie all together.  She wanted Sprite to drink, every kind of chip and dip she could think of and fish sandwiches.  So that is what she got!  We don't eat a lot of junk food around here, so all of the other children thought she was just brilliant!

My sister wanted to surprise her with a tiered, layer, girly cake this year so....tada...here is her very gorgeous cake!
Thank you so much Aunt "S" for always making their birthdays so special!
Carolyn was so happy!  She loved it and it made her feel very grown up and special.

I still can't believe she is now 15 years old.  I know how quickly they grow into adults from this age.  I just want to close my eyes and hold onto these young years.  To cherish each day.

We love you so much, my wonderful daughter!  God has big plans for your life!

James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.



Love Always,

Dad, mom, Stephen, Antonio, William, Zeke, Elizabeth, "B", "T" and baby "K"!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Carolyn! I would love to hear more about the baby possums that you saved. I try to always help animals in need too. I learned it from my Mom, who always helped injured and orphaned animals when I was young. There was a place near us that used to take any injured wild animals, but now they only take certain birds. I am so glad that you had someone you could call to help the orphaned possums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, the babies were very wet and cold but uninjured. We put them in a box till rehab came to pick them up. There were not hear long but really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Carolyn! You sure look like a sweet young lady. I too love the picture of the possums. : ) I like your choice for your birthday meal too. How nice of you to be able to pick what you want - Yum! Beautiful birthday cake too... your aunt is so gifted there. Happy 15!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn says thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Carolyn!!! I am so sorry I didn't get here sooner to tell you!! We've had several birthdays here too and I'm having trouble keeping up!!((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much!!! I read your blog too!

      Delete